With over 40 years’ experience in accounting and taxation, Trevor is a partner in Basso Newman as well as a Chartered Accountant, registered tax agent and registered company auditor.
Trevor has been a company auditor for over 35 years and specialises in audits for not-for-profit organisations, publicly listed companies and IPOs. His extensive services also include small business taxation, GST, land tax, stamp duty, and payroll.
Trevor also serves a comprehensive range of industries including manufacturing, wholesaling, retailing, property and construction. Added to that, Trevor’s own portfolio includes business mergers, acquisitions, sales and IPOs.
As a result of his expertise Trevor has over the years has sat on a number of boards including:
- The inaugural President of Football Federation (SA) the organisation responsible for all Football in South Australia and a member body of FFA.
- Royal Society for the Blind (RSB): RSB is the largest vision impairment services organisation in South Australia. In 1994 Trevor was appointed as Treasurer & served two terms in that role. He was later elected President / Chairman of RSB in 2000, a position he held until he had served the maximum three year term. After this Trevor acted as vice president of RSB, and he since been appointed as a Life Governor of the RSB.
- Enterprise Development Inc – EDI is an organisation that has worked with both the Government & Private Sector for almost 20 years creating, fostering & mentoring Young Entrepreneurs in South Australia.
- A number of Private company boards including:
- A Financial Planning company (based in South Australia)
- A Sydney based Paint & Powder Coatings manufacturer
Trevor has also been an active member of a number of committees including:
- The register of Consultants with ATSIC & the register of Administrators with the Registrar of Aboriginal Corporations
- A large private school finance committee
- The committee of audit consultants for the Law Society with respect to the Legal Practitioners Trust Account audits
- Goods & Services Tax
- Payroll Tax & Processing
- Stamp Duty
- Taxation compliance & advice
- Audit of not-for-profit organisations, legal trust accounts.
- Financial services
- Property & construction
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Fellow, Tax Institute of Australia.